How do I convert 8mm video cassette to DVD?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I have some old 8mm video cassettes that I want to convert to DVD’s. I just bought a DVD recorder and wondered if I could just plug the camera up to that and start recording using the video camera display screen as the monitor. I know how to capture it to my computer and then burn to DVD, but I just wanted to bypass that process and record directly to DVD. I have no interest in editing these tapes, but just transferring them.

Thanks!

Inactive

Sounds like you’ve got everything you need. Just plug in the AV line out to the DVD recorder’s line in, then follow the DVD manufacturer’s instructions for recording from a line input.

Have fun. And you might want to retension your tapes before recording them to sweep off any loose oxide common on old, stored tapes. It’s also a good idea to acquire a cleaning tape to keep the heads clean while transferring your 8mm tapes.

Inactive

Thanks! I thought is should be that easy, just didn’t know before getting started. Just wanted some input form someone that has done it before, or just knows.

• Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2020

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
    homicide-bootstrap