How do I capture great audio in a classroom?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Sound How do I capture great audio in a classroom?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I am going to be doing some filming of teachers in an elementary classroom. I have been trying to figure out the best audio configuration for this type of environment.

In most situations it will be a teacher and a small group of students. I will have the teacher on a lapel mic, but I am not sure about a mic set-up for the small group of students. The students will most likely be sitting or working around a rectangular or kidney-bean shaped table. Any recommendations for this type of set-up?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Inactive

I’m not sure of what equipment you have at your disposal, but maybe a digital recorder with a mic set up central to the kids so you can get room tone and pick up the teacher as well so you can sync the lapel mic audio. Be careful about placement though, I am not so sure that you want to actually have it on the table where they are, some kids are pretty fidgetty, could pick up vibrations. Maybe set up a shot gun mic on a stand.

John

Inactive

Maybe you coud hang an omnidirectional mic from the ceiling.
      (Got gaffer’s tape? 😀 )
      Ken Hull

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap