Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Editing › How can I reduce Bass?
- September 22, 2008 at 2:39 PM #46768
I’m using Sony Vegas Pro 8.0. I have a video with lots of bass and I want to reduce it. When I click right-click on the audio and go to audio editing software, it says ‘No audio editing software assigned to Sony Vegas’ or something like that. What can I do to reduce the bass?
Thanks in Advance
- September 22, 2008 at 2:44 PM #192570jeff92k7Participant
Select the plug-in chooser for the track that has too much bass. That should open a window showing the plug-ins currently in the chain – typically a Gate, a Compressor, and an EQ. Select the EQ plug-in and adjust the sound to taste.
- September 22, 2008 at 3:02 PM #192571
That was fast! Thanks. I’ll try this!
- September 22, 2008 at 3:10 PM #192572
What excatly do I have to do? The ‘BYpass FX Automation’ Button cant be used…
- September 23, 2008 at 9:06 PM #192573AnonymousInactive
in the graphic equalizer, there is a number 4 located near the left side of the graphic interface. It is near the bass end of the spectrum. Click it and drag it under the centerline. The further down the more bass you take out, more left the deeper the bass, more to the right and you reduce higher frequencies.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.