How about a vidcast forum?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I would just like to suggest a forum where we can comment on aspects of the vidcast. I have been greatly enjoying my once a week fix of video news and information in the vidcast, and would just like to see a forum to discuss the vidcast with others.

Also, in this week’s vidcast (episode 11) there was a question about 16:9 aspect ratio and camera settings. I just wanted to make a point that I think is relevent to some users. Some cameras such as the Canon GL2 for example do not have oversized 4:3 chips. It was mentioned in the vidcast that cameras will not have 16:9 settings unless there are oversized chips. That is not correct. The way I understand it is that the 16:9 settings on cameras such as the GL2 and XL1 simply use the standard 4:3 chip, not oversized, and essentially crop off the top and bottom. This technique would essentially be the same as creating 16:9 content from a 4:3 video in post. On the other hand, cameras such as the XL2 or in HDVland the Sony FX1 and Z1 have 16:9 chips. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Thanks
      ~Adam

Inactive

Thanks for the suggestion Adam. we’re setting it up right now.

And regarding widescreen, please post your paragraph again (with a new title). I’m interested in responding and I think others will be also.

-a

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video monitors — 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap