Hours meter on PD170

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Folks,

I’m considering the purchase of a used PD170. The hours meter shows 103 x10H for operation. To me that says it’s 103 multiplied by the second number which means 1030 hours of operation. Is that correct or does the x10H mean something else completely?

Thanks,
      Chris

Inactive

That seems what it is, but you may wish to check the manual. It may be 103 on hours and 10 head hours or even something else.

Participant

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the input. I did look at the manual, but it still leaves me unsure. This is what that section of the manual states:

OPERATION The cumulative total hours of operation is displayed in 10-operation increments.
      DRUM RUN The cumulative total hours of drum rotation with tape threaded is displayed in 10-operation increments.
      TAPE RUN The cumulative total hours of tape running is displayed in 10-operation increments.
      THREADING The cumulative number of tape unthreading operation is displayed in 10-operation increments.

And here is what the rest of the display on the camera in questions shows:

OPERATION 103 x10H
      DRUM RUN 22 x10H
      TAPE RUN 17 x10H
      THREADING 75 x10 (no h there)

tonsofpcs Wrote:

That seems what it is, but you may wish to check the manual. It may be 103 on hours and 10 head hours or even something else.

Inactive

catalano Wrote:

OPERATION 103 x10H

So it has been powered on (operated) for about 1030 Hours

DRUM RUN 22 x10H

The drum has run for about 220 hours with the tape threaded

TAPE RUN 17 x10H

The tape (transport?) has run for about 170 hours

THREADING 75 x10 (no h there)

and the camera has performed about 750 unthreading operations.

Participant

Hey there,

Anybody know when is it time for a service or a Drum change on the PD170? Mine currently reads
      Operation 183x10h
      Drum 109x10h
      Tape 72x10h
      Threading 183x10h

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year — 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap