hooking up laptop to mixer…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I know this is simple to probably everyone but me. I just bought a bunch of equipment to run a karaoke show. I have a behringer mixer, pevey speakers, karaoke cd/dvd player, flat screen monitor and I need to hook up my laptop to my mixer. I’m not great with technology, but I’m sick of singing with a band and want to do this for a side business. I need the extra income, asa single mom, and need to get this going asap! Any help? Thanks. πŸ™‚

Participant

I just got off the phone with guitar center and they said I need a 1/8″ to a usb, with an interface? About 150 to 200 bucks. Is this right?

It depends on how good you want it to sound and what your budget is like. What model is your Behringer?

If it has a RCA tape out you simply buy a RCA to 1/8″ Phone, plug it in to the tape out and then in to the mic input on your laptop. This is the cheapest way to get sound into your computer.

Next question, does your laptop have Firewire?

Will you ever have the need for muti track recording? This is recording yourchannels to hard disk in seprate tracks so that it can be edited and mixed later. If you plan on making professional cd’s then this is the way to do it.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Video Reference Monitor Buyer’s Guide

The best video monitors β€” 2020

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap