HMC 150 Rack Foucs

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hey all,

I am new and I just got an HMC 150. I have been trying to work on rack focusing on it and having trouble. What do you guys recommend? Do I need to get a better lens? I have been trying to keep my subject far from the background and keeping a good distance between myself and subject. Any tips?

Participant

The HMC 150 only has 1/3″ sensors. That’s pretty small, so you are not getting a shallow depth of field.

To maximize your results without any special equipment, zoom in all the way and have your aperture open all the way (a small F/stop like F/2.0)

Inactive

Thanks Rob. What kind of special equipment do you recommend for improving depth of field? Thx

Participant

35mm lens adapters have been popular for a while. They were the go-to thing until DSLRs started recording video, it seems.

Check out Letus35 and RedRock Micro. These work by using 35mm lenses to project the image onto a translucent surface that is the size of 35mm film. Your video then records that image. It’s like taking your camera into a movie theater and recording what’s on screen.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Hand-held Stabilizers Buyer's Guide

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2020

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap