HMC-150 Questions

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi, I have a few questions about the HMC-150.

1. The manual indicates that it is possible to upload some metadata to the camera using a file on an SD card. The metadata is incorporated into the recorded clips. So far, so good but how does one create the metadata? Is there a software application which does this? The manual is curiously reticent about this. It seems to be badly translated from Japanese; full of grammatical errors.

2. Is there an option to display a rule-of-thirds grid on the LCD/viewfinder? I could not find anything in the manual.

3. There are some menu options for storing a “User File”. What settings are stored in the user file?

Thanks!

CraftersOfLight
      Participant

The same question was posted asking about the HMC 40. Follow this link;

http://videomaker.com/community/forums/topic/metadata

Page 52 of the PDF version of the HMC-150 User Manual (link below) discusses in good detail how to save and read/uploadmetadata through the camera (page 53 continues thesection with program recomendation, edit and upload directions)

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/Panasonic/Drivers/PBTS/manuals/AG-HMC150_OI.pdf

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks! I saw the other post and your replies. I also found the link to the Panasonic application in Page 109 of the HMC150 manual. I have just put in an order for this camera, and am now waiting for it to show up. This is my first pro-level camera, so I am very excited!

Of course, any tips/suggestions for a newbie would be welcome. I’ll also keep reading the older posts.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Professional Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN