HMC-150 Questions

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi, I have a few questions about the HMC-150.

1. The manual indicates that it is possible to upload some metadata to the camera using a file on an SD card. The metadata is incorporated into the recorded clips. So far, so good but how does one create the metadata? Is there a software application which does this? The manual is curiously reticent about this. It seems to be badly translated from Japanese; full of grammatical errors.

2. Is there an option to display a rule-of-thirds grid on the LCD/viewfinder? I could not find anything in the manual.

3. There are some menu options for storing a “User File”. What settings are stored in the user file?

Thanks!

Participant

The same question was posted asking about the HMC 40. Follow this link;

http://videomaker.com/community/forums/topic/metadata

Page 52 of the PDF version of the HMC-150 User Manual (link below) discusses in good detail how to save and read/uploadmetadata through the camera (page 53 continues thesection with program recomendation, edit and upload directions)

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/Panasonic/Drivers/PBTS/manuals/AG-HMC150_OI.pdf

Inactive

Thanks! I saw the other post and your replies. I also found the link to the Panasonic application in Page 109 of the HMC150 manual. I have just put in an order for this camera, and am now waiting for it to show up. This is my first pro-level camera, so I am very excited!

Of course, any tips/suggestions for a newbie would be welcome. I’ll also keep reading the older posts.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Professional Fixed-Lens Camcorder Buyer’s Guide

Best camcorders for any video shooter — 2020

Professional camcorders are often smaller, lighter, cheaper, and have more controls than other cameras. These are the best on the market today.
homicide-bootstrap