Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Cameras and Camcorders › Professional Camcorders › HMC-150 Questions
- This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years ago by Anonymous.
- March 25, 2010 at 4:43 AM #48624AnonymousInactive
Hi, I have a few questions about the HMC-150.
1. The manual indicates that it is possible to upload some metadata to the camera using a file on an SD card. The metadata is incorporated into the recorded clips. So far, so good but how does one create the metadata? Is there a software application which does this? The manual is curiously reticent about this. It seems to be badly translated from Japanese; full of grammatical errors.
2. Is there an option to display a rule-of-thirds grid on the LCD/viewfinder? I could not find anything in the manual.
3. There are some menu options for storing a “User File”. What settings are stored in the user file?
- March 25, 2010 at 12:11 PM #199481CraftersOfLightParticipant
The same question was posted asking about the HMC 40. Follow this link;
Page 52 of the PDF version of the HMC-150 User Manual (link below) discusses in good detail how to save and read/uploadmetadata through the camera (page 53 continues thesection with program recomendation, edit and upload directions)
- March 25, 2010 at 10:18 PM #199482AnonymousInactive
Thanks! I saw the other post and your replies. I also found the link to the Panasonic application in Page 109 of the HMC150 manual. I have just put in an order for this camera, and am now waiting for it to show up. This is my first pro-level camera, so I am very excited!
Of course, any tips/suggestions for a newbie would be welcome. I’ll also keep reading the older posts.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.