Hiker Backpack for HDV and Laptop

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hey I own a Canon XH-A1 mini dv camcorder and I want to buy a backpack for it. Since I do alot of flying it can be a pain to take my camera on carry-on luggage and my 15 inch laptop. I wouldnt think of putting my cam in the check-in as its critical that it gets there with me so I can begin shooting pretty much as soon as I arrive. I also do a lot of outdoor shooting and it would be nice if it would be in a backpack so it would free up my hands. Im on a limited budget but im willing to pay out several hundred on good bag. Any suggestions? Thanks

Check B&H Photo-Video, Adorama, etc. Look at brands like Kata, Lowepro and Porta Brace which make tried and true gear.

Participant

I’ve been very happy with my lowepro computreker all weather…

Participant

Thanks for those replies. Kata has some really nice backpacks but they are higher priced then some of the other companies you mentioned. Don I checked out that pack and I really like the price point on it. It says its for DSLRs. It looks like a big enough pack to fit everything in it I need but I didnt find any inside measurements. Will it fit a XH-A1? Its about the same size as say the sony HVR-Z1U. And is there anywhere to strap my tripod to the outside of it? I figure I can rig something up if not but I was just checking. Thanks

Participant

tripod yes, the inside is configurable… I can get a sony sr12, and hdr hc1 and two pentax dslrs in mine pluse some accessories and lenses… and a macbook pro 13 inch …so I think maybe you could make it fit hvr z1u, i don’t know for sure..

• Viewing 4 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Camera on a hand held stabilizer

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2020

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
    homicide-bootstrap