High School Football filming question

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I will be starting my second season of filming my local high school football team. Last season I worked with another filmer who had a "two camera" setup that recorded both close and wide angle shots. He also had a remote that was connected to both cameras that started and stopped the recording together. I failed to find out what his setup was, and I was wondering if anybody had any idea of where I could purchase this "two camera" mount and remote.

Inactive

Two tripods will do it, as will clicking record on each camera individually. I would record them individually and just before the start, use a clapboard or similar in front of them both so that they are sync’d and don’t stop them until you are done.

Participant

Thanks Eric for responding. But what I have to do is turn the camera to pause after each play. Or else I will have to edit out all of the footage from the end of the play to the hike of the ball for the next play for every play in the game. And I need the two camera mount so both cameras will follow the same path on a long pass or run play.

Thanks again for your reponse Eric !!

Inactive

You can get a little metal bar and two tripod mount screws and a bolt and mount the two cameras on one head right next to each other. There are commercial items like this made for still stereophotography and similar, shouldn’t be too expensive.
      For the remote, I *think* that LANC is passive and you can simply split it to control two cameras, but I am not sure. I would check around for a ‘control splitter’ or something similar for whatever control interface your cameras have (or you can just use an infrared remote and a convex mirror mounted in front between the cameras’ fields of view]

Participant

GREAT INFORMATION !!!!!!!!! I will get on it right away THANKS !!!!!!!!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2020

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap