Hi-8 Damaged tapes, any solutions?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

I have a few old hi-8 tapes when played flash a eject sign and the time code 31:22 or something similar to that. Im wondering are they garbage or is there anyway i can get them back into somewhat of a playable condition.

thanks for all the input i have recieved thus far.

bobby

Participant

Hi,
      It could be a problem with your playback deck, which in turn could be messing up your tape. What cam or Hi8/Digital8 VCR are you using to playback?
      Repair of a playback mechanism will cost you!
      If you are not able to playback on any device, and this is footage you do not want to lose, consider taking to a house that does digital transfers to other media, e.g. Hi8 to miniDV, DVD, etc etc. This could be much cheaper than a repair (that may not fix the problem anyway.)
      I recently provided a DVD to a leading female singer/guitar player in the community of a performance I shot of her band in ’96, using a Canon L2 Hi8 cam. Shot in the late afternoon sun, this footage still looked great, even by today’s standards.
      Best of luck.
      REGARDS … TOM 8)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available — 2021

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap