HG 20 Buffer Overflow error…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Greetings, everyone! I have a question regarding my Canon VIXIA HG20 camera and a buffer overflow error that has been causing problems for me.

Here’s the situation I was doing a photo shoot of an F8F Bearcat from a B-25 Mitchell with all its windows removed in the back, creating a pretty bumpy environment. I wanted to supplement my pictures with video, but the HG20 would only record about 10 seconds of video at a time, before stopping due to a buffer overflow error. I’ve read a bit about it and found this may be due to the (Buffer Overflow error) vibrations in this environment.

The real question now is, if I set it to record video to the SD card, will this eliminate the problem, or am I just SOL?

Thank you for any input!

Participant

Pages 8 amd 9 of the manual list several warnings: do not subject to vibrations, keep within temperature operating range, and do not use at high altitudes.

I think you probably need a different camera.  Some of the professionals on the forums should be able to offer advice.

Participant

Shooting to card will help, but you might want to investigate a stabilizer to assist as well, especially to help cut down on ‘jello’.

Inactive

I am having the same issue with my camera, except I am using it a sea level and on a tripod. Does anyone have any advice for me besides using the SD card? Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap