HELP> Getting a file from an already made dvd by me (in imovie)

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion HELP> Getting a file from an already made dvd by me (in imovie)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      pugdogproductions
      Participant

Hi!

I made a movie a while back through imovie. I made it a dvd. I don’t have the original project file now–I was getting rid of them for space, only the dvd. I now want to get the file off the disc somehow in order to share it through YT. Is there a way? I have final cut pro if that helps. But the copy I have is already enbedded into a menu–movie dvd. (though idvd).

Any ideas?

Ellen

Coreece
      Participant

<p class=”post”>

You’llneed to copy the video files from your DVD to your Hard drive. When you explore the DVD you will see several types of files, you only need to copy the large files.(typically called VOB files) These files are the videoand usually around50MB – 1.2 GB in size.

Once they are copied to your Hard Drive, you’ll need to convert them to a format accepted by You Tube. I use Canopus procoder, but its around $400. You should be able to findfree converter software online…trya search forforums on media converters. I know of a couple but I’ll have to get back to you…I can’t remember right now and they’re on another computer.

I hope this helps

Best Regards

*note-usually you would have to rip the files from the DVD but since it’s a “homeade DVD” copy and pasting should be just fine.

pugdogproductions
      Participant

Trying to find a free one that can be used on a mac, and change to an avi or mov.

Thanks!

Ellen

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Camera Support Buyer's Guide

The best advanced camera support for video — 2021

While the camera will always be at the core of your production setup, using the best camera support is vital in getting smooth cinematic shots.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN