Help with selecting lighting equipment

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi all,

I’m just starting a health communication project making instructional videos that incorporates some creative elements like comedy etc. We have a Canon FS 10 camcorder. I’m intending to go with the budget video look, but I’m having trouble deciding what type of lighting equipment to get as I’ve previously used higher end cameras like GLs and XLs. The videos will ultimately be uploaded to a YouTube like site so quality does not need to be great. Also, we’re looking for wireless lav mics. An important bottom line is low cost. Any recommendations? Thanks for all your help.

Participant

OK here is my suggestion for low cost. 2 flourescent soft boxes from cowboy studio around $200 on ebay includes shipping. I got a sima wireles lav mic for $12.75 on ebay included shipping. The sima mic works OK for me and what I wanted it for. It costs $99 at best buy.

My advice, Priceless. πŸ™‚

Inactive

I read that some people have buzzing problems with the sima mics. I’m thinking that it’s ok for you?

Thanks for your help.

Inactive

hartfan,

If you’re willing to spend $200, you can get a nice 2-light setup that includes stands, barndoors, and umbrellas from B&H:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/591139-REG/Impact__Qualite_300_Focusing_Flood.html

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Ken

Inactive

I have this kit, its $205, three lights, stands,umprellas and a boom. it is great for threepoint lighting. You will want to buy some extra bulbs, if they are not wiped off well befor you flip the switch they will burn out fast… if they are well cleaned they last quite awhile

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/298604-REG/Impact_401470_Tungsten_Mini_Boom_Three.html

I have used it many times and love it.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best desktop computers for video editing β€” 2021

An efficient editing workflow depends on a solid editing system. Here's a look at the best desktop computers for video editing.
homicide-bootstrap