Help with lighting purchase please…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I’ll preface this by stating that I’m a professional producer/musician and recording engineer.

I realize that if a video guy told me he wanted to produce high quality records. I’d tell him to devote about 10 years and 100K to the effort and he’d be on his way!

That said, If possible, I’d like to be able to produce limited, decent quality, videos in my studio geared toward the web (Youtube, Vimeo, etc.) But I’m overwhelmed by options for lighting and accessories. Below I’ve outlined what I’d like to be able to do, and the environment I’m working in. Thanks for any suggestions on lighting kits, accessories, wattage, etc. The more specific you can be, the better!

Budget is undetermined but I’d probably be reluctant to spend more than $3k at this time.

Recording studio live room is approximately 15′ x 20′ with 8′ ceilings.

Single camera (DSLR) fixed – shooting single musician playing guitar, piano etc and singing in natural studio environment or in front of seamless paper background

Single Camera shooting full band performing in studio

Single camera shooting one or two individuals in front of a green screen

THANK YOU in advance!

Participant

I found these and like really them, I have both the soft boxes and barn doors . Look up their 2400 watt set;http://www.videolighting.com/hmi-video-lights.html

If you need more light these will do the trick, these are 5800 watts but have 8 bulbs each except for the hair light it has 1 bulb. If you will not be moving them much they will be perfect;http://www.tubetape.net/servlet/the-428/cool-fluorescent-britek-4000/Detail

Thank you for the suggestions? Are those quality lights? My understanding is that HMIs are usually more costly. Unless I’m missing something.

Also, do these lights run very hot?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap