Help with JVC GZ-MG140

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hello, I am panicking indeed, since my HDD-Camera (JVC Everio GZ-MG140) is not recognized by Pinnacle, or any other program that I’ve tried for that matter…
      When I connect the USB-cable, Windows identifies it as being a USB Mass Storage, and I can easily access it as one, it is when trying to enter the Capture Feature of a program, that it fails to comply, giving messages as “No Input” etc.

Would anyone happen to know what could be wrong? And if so, what I can do about the problem. (I really need this to work, in order to make a stopmotion movie)

//Cheers, and hopefully thanks in advance ;)

Inactive

In order to get recognized as a camera & not a mass storage device, you have to change a setting on the camcorder. USB devices with different uses have to be preset to the desired mode before connecting it to the USB port. It is most likely to be in a settings menu. But the easiest way to find it might be to look up USB in the index (at the back) of your user manual.

Have fun & don’t panic. You’ll be rolling in no time. By the way I assumed you don’t have a Firewire port on your computer. Because that’s the easier & generally higher quality way to connect a camcorder to a computer.

Inactive

Thanks for the advice, but I don’t think that’s the problem either :/

I’ve read the manual from one end to another, but without any luck. I also checked every possible menu on the camera, again, with no luck.

Any other idea as to what could be wrong?

(And you are correct, I do not have firewire on my PC)

Inactive

Well it appears that your camcorder is not designed to function as a web cam. While doing my research I noticed JVC mentions several programs to maximize you camcorder’s utility. If they are of no help (my first guess) you’ll have to create a work around. You are planning on doing a stop motion animation. So you can still shoot still frames which you can transfer to your animation program. If you can’t do animate still frames, then you will be down to using the best web cam you have available to get the image into your animation program.

So you are right about not being able to change your USB setting in your camcorder. While I was right about the device telling the computer what kind of device it is. But now we both know something new. And I hope you find a suitable solution.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

A Lighting Buyer’s Guide

The best lights for video production — 2020

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap