Help with High Res Pictures

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I am editing a video with High Res pictures that are PSD’s. I am getting an
      error message when I import the pictures. It says “unsupported file or
      damaged” which leads me to think that the file is too big as it’s close to
      100mb.

So, I have saved it as a PNG to make
      it much smaller. The only issue is that when I insert it in my timeline it
      looks real fuzzy. The crispness and resolution has been lost.

Not sure what is going on here. Any help would be great! Thanks for the
      help!

Participant

It all comes down to resolution.

If you are working with HD, save the PNG file at 1920 X 1080.

If you are working with standard def, save the PNG as 720 X 480 (assuming NTSC, PAL is different).

You could always save the files a little larger but I have found it best to have the still images I use on my timeline to be close in size to my output resolution.

One exception would be if you intend to zoom in more than a little (Ken Burns effect), in which case the zoomed in (smaller) segment should come close to matching your output resolution.

Participant

Also, make sure your pics are RGB and not CMYK. I know that causes issues in FCP, so I would image it would in Premiere too

Participant

make em RGB then fly em around in After Effects as desired. Render as QT files and then import those into your NLE.

AE can handle your large files in their natice resolution, giving you all the handles you need to animate as needed. Just render to the rez of your project.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Hand-held Stabilizers Buyer's Guide

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2020

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap