Help with Hi-8

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hello videomakers,

I’m a semi-new videomaker, and recently my high school band director gave me two old Hi8 tapes with band camp from my freshman year on them. Now, I don’t have a Hi8 camera and nor does he, but I’d like to see the tapes and possibly get them over to a format I can use.

Is there any way to do this for a beginner like me? I can use any of the following formats:
      DVD
      MiniDV
      VHS
      AV Composite
      S-Video

Thanks in advance, I hope someone can help me!

*~* Reality

Inactive

It all comes down to a means of playing those Hi8 tapes whether its another camera or a deck. All of the formats you mentioned require the proper hardware to support them. Hi8 is no different. I would ask around and see if anyone has a Hi8 camera. Once you have that you can pretty much record those tapes to anything you want providing that you have the correct hardware that media too. All you would need to do is plug them into each other and re-record the Hi8 tapes.

RAM

Inactive

A Digital 8mm Sony should be able to play the HI-8 also.

Participant

In order to transfer Hi8 tapes yourself you wil still need Hi8 or Digital8 player or Hi8 camcorder.

FAQ Video

Inactive

Not all D8 camcorders can transfer V8 / Hi-8, just the higher end models. I honestly don’t think it’s worth it.

Inactive

I think, at this point, that it might be easier/cheaper to take it to a store that has a photo department that offers transfers.

Inactive

Any idea what store would offer that? Just as long as it’s not on Hi-8 anymore I’m happy.

Participant

I don’t want to advertise on the forum, so please email me at video@worldvideo.ca, I may give you some info depending on where you are located.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap