Help with Effects on Text in After Effects

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Can anyone help? I’m fairly new to After Effects and I’ve been using it solely for applying effects to text to make my projects in Premiere Pro a bit more interesting. I know it sounds quite ridiculous but I’ve applied an effect preset to some text (on a blank black background) but upon opening the project up again the following day, I can’t remember what effect preset it is that I have applied! I’ve tried really hard but can’t for the life of me figure out what I’m doing wrong, and now it’s delaying a project because I need to do more titles with that exact effect preset!

Luis Maymi LopezLuis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

Hey Arthouse

I got a couple of solutions for your problem, but the easiest thing to do is duplicating the text layer you already have. Select the text layer then press CTRL+D (Windows) or Command+D (Mac) (or Edit>Duplicate). After you have the duplicate simply select the text tool and change the text to what you need. Move the text layer around if needed. If you want to change the animation behavior press “U” in the text layer and move the keyframes position (this is a little more advance).

Participant

Yo Sargehero – yep, that seems like the most logical/obvious solution, yet I didn’t think of it myself. I must be on another planet πŸ™‚

Participant

And thank you!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best microphone for YouTube β€” 2021

One of the most common mistakes beginning video producers make is to overlook audio. Little do these beginners know that audiences are quicker to stop watching a video because of lousy sound quality than they are for poor video. Sound...
homicide-bootstrap