Help with DVD writing!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi guys,

I need some help please – I have an hour video (edited in FCP) that I need to get onto a DVD (for TV viewing), best quality. I usually export a Quicktime movie & write it to IDVD, it works fine. But now it keeps telling me the video is too large (10Gb). How do I get an hour video onto a DVD to watch on TV then??

Please can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong?

Thanx!

Participant

You need to convert it to MPEG2. Do you have DVD studio Pro? It does the encoding for you, and it’s not hard. A guy I know has tutorials on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/getgoingtraining?blend=2&ob=1

Just gotta look his DVDSP tutorials on his page, I think they’re all mixed up.

Participant

If you’re using DVD authoringsoftware, edit/import the video inits original format. The software will do the encoding for you. Nearly one hour of HQ(High Quality) video will fit on a standard-sized (4.7 GB) DVD. The time specs for HQ might be slightly different – e.g. 57 minutes, so one hour of video could mean two minutes more or two minutes less. Some software gives a Smart Fit option, which adjusts the quality so that it fits perfectly on the DVD’s capacity. If you don’t have this, you will have to choose SP (Standard Play).

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap