Help with “direct wired” green screen technique

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Open Forum Help with “direct wired” green screen technique

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I would like to pick the brains of the experts.  There is a business called “Boogie Heads” that uses green screen to make funny videos.  They claim that they do not use a computer to render the green screen video but use a “direct wired system” that provides rendering in real time.  In other words, you can watch the results of the video while it is being made on a monitor.  This business is typically set up at Malls and parties.  I am not interested in the business itself, but would like to know how they do this.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Thanks for your help in advance.  This is really a great site.

Bob,

They are probably using a video switcher and using the chromakey feature on it to produce the effect you are talking about. You however need a green screen that is properly lighted to achieve good results. I have used this technique during one of my daughters birthday parties…

the same technique is used for the weather channels…

In my setup, I had the second output of the video switcher connected to a dvd recorder. that way Idid not have to do any montage…

Robert

Luis Maymi LopezLuis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

You can accomplish this by using a program such as BoinxTV or Wirecast. You will need an external monitor in order to watch it in real time. Like fx1 mentioned, you need to light your greenscreen near perfect so in can look more realistic. A laptop is recommended for this.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best Sony lenses — 2021

Sony has made a name for itself in the camera market lately. From its popular mirrorless line to its cinema cameras, Sony seems to be everywhere. The Sony E Mount has been around for about a decade. Since then, it's...
homicide-bootstrap