Help with cheapo mic for Canon ZR800

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi, I just got a Canon ZR800 yesterday and found out that the white noise from the internal mic is close to unbearable. I’m wondering if anyone can give me a recommendation for a small cheap external mic that will work with Canon ZR800 that’s widely available (B&H, Adorama, etc).

In the manual Canon says that the camcorder needs a condenser mic with its own power supply. Would one without a power supply work?

Participant

The Rode VideoMic might be a good option to look into. That is a shotgun mic, though, so you will only get audio in the direction it is pointed. There might be a better option, but I’m not sure.

Participant

I too have a ZR800.. love it!

I am looking for a wireless condenser mic that works well with the ZR800 (or any video camera with a 3.5mm plug).

Not looking for anything too expensive – it is just for taping lectures for a club I belong to.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!! πŸ˜€ X-D

Participant

I have used a Nady from Dak and it seems to work ok pretty cheap, I bought it thinking I would throw it away if it didn’t work.
      Beats the heck out of my Sony wireless.

Marv

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap