Help with cheapo mic for Canon ZR800

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      tofupi
      Participant

Hi, I just got a Canon ZR800 yesterday and found out that the white noise from the internal mic is close to unbearable. I’m wondering if anyone can give me a recommendation for a small cheap external mic that will work with Canon ZR800 that’s widely available (B&H, Adorama, etc).

In the manual Canon says that the camcorder needs a condenser mic with its own power supply. Would one without a power supply work?

ralck
      Participant

The Rode VideoMic might be a good option to look into. That is a shotgun mic, though, so you will only get audio in the direction it is pointed. There might be a better option, but I’m not sure.

jwd
      Participant

I too have a ZR800.. love it!

I am looking for a wireless condenser mic that works well with the ZR800 (or any video camera with a 3.5mm plug).

Not looking for anything too expensive – it is just for taping lectures for a club I belong to.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!! πŸ˜€ X-D

centre77
      Participant

I have used a Nady from Dak and it seems to work ok pretty cheap, I bought it thinking I would throw it away if it didn’t work.
      Beats the heck out of my Sony wireless.

Marv

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Sound’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN