Help with capturing stereo audio tracks in Final Cut Express

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Help with capturing stereo audio tracks in Final Cut Express

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 14 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I’m using Final Cut Express 2 and a problem I’m running into is that, although I have stereo audio tracks on my tape (from 2 channel input), I’m only capturing 1 channel in Final Cut. When I playback my tape through the camera I hear both channels fine (they are clearly differentiated because 2 different people were mic’d), but only one track is captured in Final Cut. This is the first time I’ve used 2 mics so it was never an issue before. My cam is a Sony VX 2100. Can anyone help?

Inactive

Fixed it. After much searching the answer was to trash the preferences and rebuild them.

Inactive

Could you please elaborate a little? I have had the same problem, but it was with the music in the background. I was using a song that I was very familiar with and after I burned a DVD, I realized that I was missing the rhythm guitar! I couldn’t ever figure it out. I never noticed a problem while I was editing, but that may have just been because I was delirious and worried about getting a good grade! It’s not the kind of thing you would notice unless you were really familiar with the song, but it bugs the bejeezus out of me…

So, you trashed prefs and then placed the audio tracks on the timeline again? Is that what you meant by "rebuild?"

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year — 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap