Help with audio problems (in Adobe)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hey guys. I have a Panasonic HDC-TM700 with an attached Azden High-performance (SMX-10) Stereo Condenser Microphone. I use it to record a person talking about 6 feet away in small room. However the audio always sounds horrible on playback. By horrible I mean there is always a loud hiss, and they sound so flat. Since I have to do this on a weekly basis now I am hoping somebody here can give me some pointers on how to fix these issues. I assume it a fairly issue fix in Adobe Audition CS 5.5 (which I have). I start my production in Premiere Pro CS5.5 and then export the audio to Adobe Audition for editing. My problem is ive never been a sound guy so I really dont understand what all the filters and settings do (in Premiere or Audition). I was able to “capture the noise and have Auditon “remove it. That does an ok job of removing the hiss but then the already flat voice left over, sounds very tinny.

So is there any advice or direction you can give me on what settings to use or apply to get audition to make the audio sound better? Or is there anywhere (for beginners) to learn how to use the settings? I think my problem is that I dont understand the basics of audio like what EQ or a compressor does, and how the settings effect things. But everything I read is so technical and it just confuses me more.

Or are there any other microphones (under $200.00) anybody could suggest that would be able to be added to this camera that could get me better audio for my situation?

I would really appreciate any advice, or a point in the right direction. Thanks guys.

Participant

Moxyman, in effects tab go down to modulation and try the chorus filter and play with it a little bit and see what happens.

Luis Maymi LopezLuis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

Check this Videomaker video tutorials. They will help you get get started.

How to Use Compressors, Limiters and Noise Gates

How to Use Audio Effects and Filters in Post

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best Sony lenses — 2021

Sony has made a name for itself in the camera market lately. From its popular mirrorless line to its cinema cameras, Sony seems to be everywhere. The Sony E Mount has been around for about a decade. Since then, it's...
homicide-bootstrap