Help with audio over saturated (distortion) GL2 and Adobe

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Help with audio over saturated (distortion) GL2 and Adobe

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I used my GL2 and a Nady Lav mic to record 3 guys talking inside a bar for a sketch, the problem is that

I didn’t bring my headphones and couldn’t hear the audio because of the music of the bar, so I increase the

volume of the lavalier. As a result, I now have a nice video with horrible audio. My question is:

Can that distortion on their voice be reduced or eliminated using my Adobe premier pro cs3, or the Adobe

sounbooth ?? or should I need to record the voices again ??

thanks !!!

Participant

I had the same thing happen a few months back and could not use my clipped audio in PPro CS3 or modifiy it using Soundbooth; too high is just tooooooo high!

Inactive

you more than likely will have to reshoot. Once audio is pegged like that, there is no recovery possible. Now you know to bring your cans on every shoot. Audio is as important if not more important than the video.

John

Participant

>>>”Now you know to bring your cans on every shoot.”

lol…I haven’t heard that expression in awhile.

Participant

It is near impossible to repair extream clipping. Much easyer to redo the audio, if you do not have close ups on the lips then re-recording in the studio and adding foley back ground will be easy. If there is close ups on the lips then your actors need to be good at lip sync.

Unless you are looking for that Bruce Lee kung Fu look

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap