Help with audio

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am the associate pastor at my church and I would like to record my sermons so that I can review them and possibly post them on the internet. But I need a little bit of help with the audio.

I have a Canon Elura 65 Mini DV camcorder that I got last Christmas. It has a port to plug an external mic into. I wanted to use this port to plug into our sound system. So I ran the “line out” from the sound system to the port for the external mic, but the audio from the “line out” seems too strong for the mic port. The audio came through but it was very ‘garbbled.’

So my question is what do I need to do to enable my camera to get a clear signal from our audio system? Is there something I can buy that is fairly inexpensive that will convert the “line out” signal for a “mic input.”

I hope this makes sense. Thanks for your replies!

Participant

Be very carefull about running sound from a sound system into the camera, you can very easily blow out the line in amp on your camera and make it useless. With that said, there are a couple of options to use to get the sound from the board to your camera. Option 1 is to buy a beachtek xlr audio box. It plugs into your camera and accepts XLR output from the sound board. It also has level controls to make sure you’re not coming in too hot. Option 2 is to buy a wireless mic that you can plug right into the camera and wear during the service, that should sound very good. Your church might even have a wireless system that they aren’t useing and could bypass the soundboard and go directly into your camera. Final option is to not worry about the audio going into your camera, and either buy a mini disc player or plug your computer into the sound board to record the sound. You can always sync the audio up during editing. Hope that helps, anyone else have other ideas??

Later
      ~Adam

Participant

Yes, option 4:

Instead of using the line out from the soundboard, use the headphone jack. You will be able to adjust the level before it goes into the cam.

Participant

Thanks for the replies.

Inactive

at church we unly have a pa for the sound system and so its in the front of the church. so we use a wirless mic to the camera that sits at the pudeom but soon we will be getting a sttage snake an maybe pulg the camera into the "tape out" jack which is for recording you can try that

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap