Help with a Vlog camcorder on my bike

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I ride Motorcycle and I do what’s called Vlogging. I like to record my rides and commentate during my ride. I am looking for an external mic, no shake feature. I will mount this on my bike, some shake is acceptable, I have been looking high and low for this product. I have tried the VADO HD, the Kodak i8 not what I want. Is there any products out there that fit this bill. I don’t want to spend the kings ransom either but I do know that for something decent it will cost something. Just wanted to have some options to look over so that I know what I need to spend and also get the best bang for my buck.

Luis Maymi LopezLuis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

Your best option for what you are doing is the GoPro HD Hero Sports Cam. It around $260 and it has an amazing image quality. This one is on my list for future purchases.

Inactive

I thought this unit did not have an external microphone input?

Participant

I would do a GoPro as listed above and just record the audio separately, like from a Zoom H2 audio recorder with an external mic attached.

Robert – suggest you get the new $500 Contour 1500 (also known as the Contour Plus), when it’s available. It has a 2.5mm mic input, so you’ll need a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter to use it with most mics.

If $500 is a little too much, you might try modifying the original Contour HD ($300 with GPS, $200 without) to accept an external mic — like this

Hope this is helpful,

Bill

http://hybridcamerarevolution.blogspot.com

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap