Help with a new Sony

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi All,

I have a Sony DCR-HC38 Mini DV and I think it is a great non HD camcorder for my outdoor videography. This camera makes noise when I hit the record, not very loud but loud enough if I am recording wildlife they can hear it. Is the noise just the operation of a Mini DV because the head has to engage the tape?

I want to stay with this size, is there a HD that would take crisper video and not be noisy when record is started?

Here is the current video quality I am getting, I just want to make it sharper with the HD, any recommendations? Thank you very much!

Woody
      Participant

Yes tape drives can be noisy but most don’t really spook animals. There are quite a few out there now with solid state recording now that are dead quiet but it depends on how much you want to spend. Can’t view your video, its got a copyright block on it.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks, sorry, they blocked the video because of copyright, you never know what soungs youtube will allow… I would like to spend $500-$800 range.

Thanks for the heads up with the blocked video.

Grinner Hester
      Participant

hit ebay and look at FX1 and FX7 cameras. Cheap. Capable. Silent.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Professional Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best lenses for video — 2021

Lenses are key to making your favorite camera create the images you envision. These are the best lenses for video available today.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN