HELP Videocamera suggestions? $3000

• This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hey guys! I currently have an Canon 60D DSLR but I would like to buy a videocamera. Somewhere around the price of $3000, does anyone have any good suggestions? I was looking at NEX-VG20, any reviews on that?

Participant

You can wait until june and get a Sony HXR-NX30, is suppose to be around $2500 or less. And just the small form factor, professional audio inputs and super motion stabilization seems enough to wanna get one.

check a quick review:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0Q23QSYVvo&feature=related

Participant

I have the NEX-VG20. I have not done a lot of shooting with it yet. But so far I am for the most part pleased with it. It has some limitation as do all cameras. I bought it without the kit lens and have purchased the wide angle 16mm, the 55-210mm and will get the 50mm f1.8 prime lens soon.

I think it will depend on what you want to do with it. I bought it to do mostly production work that we will control set up and lighting.

I will say I also have a sony fx7 3cmos camera and the VG20 low light performance is much better with less grain than he fx7.

With not having a power zoom it is not as event friendly as some would like.

The touch screen menu is a little sluggish in response but that is not much of a problem. Once I get it set-up then it has enough manual buttons on it that I can adjust most of what I need without going back into the touch menu.

Vimeo has a VG20 group and you can go there and see a lot of videos that have been shot with the camera as well as read some of the forum discussions on the camera.

Mana – here is a review/GH2 comparison I did with the VG20 a few months ago. I liked the camera a lot, but at $1600 body-only it was a little more than I wanted to spend for a prosumer camera without XLR jacks or a power zoom.

Good luck with your decision,

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Participant

I have to echo Cville’s thoughts. Before I could give you a recomendation,I would need to knowwhat you plan to do with it.

Is the $3k your camera budget, or your camera AND accessories budget?

Do you already have pro audio gear? If not, I’d put about $500 of that into mics. I’d start with a good wireless lav. They’re so versatile and easy to hide.

Participant

Check out the Canon XF100 or XF105. We have had great success with them.

Participant

I’m still shooting with the VG10and love it. I’m planning on moving up to the FS 100 but just love the size of the VG10 for what I get out of it. I’ve had the 50mm F/1.8 E-mount lens for about a month nowand its awesome.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap