HELP to NEW GUY

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi, I`m very new in video making and will be gratefull for the answers to following questions:

1- Does Canon GL2 has true 16:9?
      2- What is the solution to get film results from Mini DV?
      3- What would you do if you shoot something on Mini DV and plan to send it to an indipendent film festival ?(not everyone owns a 16mm, right?)

Inactive

Thank you for taking time to help.
      As for 16:9, I meant shooting true 16:9 with no loss of image quality.
      for FILM RESULTS,
      say I`m shooting mini DV and get the footage transfered to a different format to get a good enough quality
      to show it on the big screen. I heard some festivals welcome films that are shot on Mini DV and later converted in a different format. That`s where I get lost. I don`t have a particular festival in mind yet, since I`m still working on the script. I am sure going to school will teach a lot but with a cost!!! I have photography background, I`m learning how to and how not to write a script, I already have couple movies in mind, downloaded script writing software etc.
      and also, 24frame rate, I don`t think GL2 does that.
      Where do you think I get very useful information about converting Mini DV into an accepted formats for festivals?
      Thanks again.

Inactive

You can get the "film" look with many plug-ins for the major programs as well. It’s not a true film look, but neither is the 24p.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap