Help to buy professional camera.Urgent

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello guys, i need to buy a professional camera but i am realy confused, with what should i buy.

i already thought
      in the sony EX1 but this camera is in market already most than one year, so i suppose
      so new and better cameras are coming out.

I thought in the
      Panasonic AF 101, because of the interchangeable lens, and depth of field, but
      i think is quite expensive.

I want a good
      camera with full HD, nice sensor and uncompressed audio to make wedding
      videos,institucional videos, Eng jobs, and for short fiction films, but maybe
      for film is better to buy a dslr, i supouse, you tell me.

I really need
      your help guys. I need to buy a camera the fast as possible, and a steady cam.

I am waiting for
      your opinions.

Thanks .

P.s. Sorry my English.

Participant

The EX1 is a great camera. The AF101 records AVCHD, which is one of the most compressed codecs and I think the biggest disadvantage of this camera. The only way around it is to output via HD-SDI to an AJA Ki Pro or a deck that records as less compressed codec.

“I want a goodcamera with full HD, nice sensor and uncompressed audio to make weddingvideos,institucional videos, Eng jobs, and for short fiction films, but maybefor film is better to buy a dslr, i supouse, you tell me.”

Sony EX1, Sony EX3, Panasonic HVX200A, or Panasonic HPX170 are the best options in my opinion. Not too expensive. Not too compressed.

Participant

ok. thanks a lot for your help.

Participant

I would check on the type of sensors they have. If you are going to be shooting weddings the CMOS sensor will be a problem. I am not sure which sensor the canon uses. I just picked up a Panasonic AG-HMC150 and love it. Using a 32 gig SDHD card you can record 3 hours of great footage. I would recommend a shotgun mic as most built in microphones are not that great. B&H photo has them at really good prices right, you can pick up a kit for under $3000 that will include a camera bag, a large extra battery and a shotgun mic. It is worth a look anyway.

Participant

its a nice camera, the problem is the AVCHD format. i think is a very compressedformat.what do you think?

Participant

My vote is on both Sony EX models. The EX3 has some added features but I’m not sure if it’s worth the additional $$$. There are some good deals out there right now on the EX1.

Participant

I agree with the Rob and Jeffrey. The Sony EX1R is the one to get. Those 1/2″ sensors are hard to beat. Buy it if you can afford the price tag of $6,299 (B&H).

An alternative could be the Sony HXR-NX5 at $3,999.It has HD-SDI outtherefore it can output to an AJA Ki Pro (or similar) device into a different format, as Rob suggested.

Participant

Moya, forget my earlier post suggesting the NX5. The cost of the AJA Ki Pro or even the Nano Flash simply wipes the benefit.

Inactive

lol:P

Inactive

fufu is a greatest grl in the world

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap