Help rendering in powerdirector v8

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I can complete a video in powerdirector v8 and burn it to disc. But what I want to do is render the video so I can delete source footage. If I delete source footage now and reopen the project to make more copies, I have missing clips where I deleted source footage. It is my understanding that if I were to render the video I could then delete source footage. So I am asking how to render the video/format and then how do I burn a dvd copy from that rendered file without going back into powerdirector which will pull up the saved version and show missing files?

Participant

Have you tried treating the rendered file as a new source file for the editor? Start a new project and look/point to the rendered file as your video source. the drag it into the timeline. Or use the Create Disc option, Import additional videos, and look up your rendered file.

Inactive

I cannot thank you enough! It sounds so obvious now but it really didn’t occur to me to drag the new rendered file in- thank you so much for taking the time to respond!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap