Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Editing › Help rendering in powerdirector v8
- This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years, 10 months ago by Anonymous.
- April 1, 2010 at 7:33 PM #41785AnonymousInactive
I can complete a video in powerdirector v8 and burn it to disc. But what I want to do is render the video so I can delete source footage. If I delete source footage now and reopen the project to make more copies, I have missing clips where I deleted source footage. It is my understanding that if I were to render the video I could then delete source footage. So I am asking how to render the video/format and then how do I burn a dvd copy from that rendered file without going back into powerdirector which will pull up the saved version and show missing files?
- April 1, 2010 at 10:55 PM #176718CraftersOfLightMember
Have you tried treating the rendered file as a new source file for the editor? Start a new project and look/point to the rendered file as your video source. the drag it into the timeline. Or use the Create Disc option, Import additional videos, and look up your rendered file.
- April 5, 2010 at 2:19 PM #176719AnonymousInactive
I cannot thank you enough! It sounds so obvious now but it really didn’t occur to me to drag the new rendered file in- thank you so much for taking the time to respond!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.