Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › General › Video and Film Discussion › help!!! problems with editting software!!!
November 7, 2007 at 1:14 PM #39898
I am currently facing a few problems with the “making movie process.
I am using Windows XP, Pinnacle Studio 9.
The problems are:
1) Using Mpeg, the estimate file size and the end-point file size does not tally, in the end, the file is often larger than the estimate
2) When I try to make it in an Avi format, I noticed using different compression codec gives different estimate file size which codec should I use so that it can be played in most PCs or even burned as DVD disc?
3) When I try to make it in an Avi format, using one compression codec, the rendering process freezes at about 21 mins and when I abort the process the whole program hangs “Not Responding. And when using another compression codec that gives a smaller estimate file size), the rendering process is so slow that after left to render over night only less then 10mins of the movie is processed.
4) I am thinking of changing my software… It is Pinnacle Studio 9 now, what other software would u recommand? I was thinking of Ulead…. is it good?
Are there anything I can do to solve these problems especially #3?
Please note, Im quite a newbie in this and am not really that tech savy. Please excuse my ignorance.
November 8, 2007 at 2:20 AM #172019sneakerkid1Participant
My first software was Studio 9. I realize now, it’s a good beginners software. But I’m not going to ramble about how other software is better and what to get. But I have gotten Studio 10, Premiere Elements and Premiere Pro. I have had rendering problems simialr to yours and hated it. I’ve read too that Studio isn’t the best for that particualar asseti guess you can call it. Considering I started off with a labtop with 256 memory and the processor that came with it.
But, my suggestions and thoughts are from personal expirences are this: DO NOT, touch anything after it begins rendering. You probably have an idea of what it’s like when you want to go on and do some other stuff as it’s rendering. If I even clicked on anything once while it was rendering , the top bar would turn white and it would freeze the whole program. So for that part, don’t touch anything.
Another suggestion is that the reason why it brely gets going is becuase of your lack of memory and or processor.
So enough of me rambling and straight to the point…I’ve had bad expirences,(and good) with Studio 9, 10. I’ve never used Ulead but I’d imagine it’s much more stable than studio so my advice would be to go for it.
Sorry for the rambling I guess I have alot to say on that. Good luck and hope you get around it.
November 8, 2007 at 2:16 PM #172020
Hi hi, thanks for ur tips,
when i render. i don’t normally touch my pc at all… somehow it still hangs… !?!?!?@!?
November 8, 2007 at 4:43 PM #172021AnonymousGuest
If you’re interested in switching or upgrading I suggest you try before you buy. Many software makers will give you a free trial version to see if it works for you. I know there is a trial version of Ulead VideoStudio 11.
November 8, 2007 at 9:45 PM #172022mwickham_1Participant
I have used pinnicale for 2 years.
Your right it hangs.
If you are trying to run the bare minimums.
Upgrade your PC……Have plenty of harddrive space. Upgrade to 2 gig of memory. If you have Pinnicle 10 or 11 make sure you have a video card with at least 256 memory.
You cannot even run close to the minimum and make it work.
Lots of other have the same problem
Other than that I like the product.
November 11, 2007 at 3:29 AM #172023
I have just reformatted my pc… and the problem is solved…. so thanks everyone, i will go find the trial program for Ulead….
November 11, 2007 at 4:16 PM #172024trailerdancerParticipant
Ulead is the only edit ware i’ve ever used and for over 100 vids, I’ve not had a problem with its render process, not to mention my system is very slow…
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.