HELP Please no audio on Hi8’s

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have a problem with my HI8 tapes. There is no audio on tapes that previously had audio. The picture is great — no degradation. I think the problem was angle of storage. One box of tapes is fine – stored on end. The bad tapes were all stored in a box on their sides. Is it possible that the tapes sagged and my Sony camera cannot pick up the audio?

How can I adjust the tracking on the tapes in the cassettes? The camera does not have a tracking adjustment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Participant

Are you using the camera that the tapes were recorded with as your playback mechanism? If your SONY camera has a headphone connection, have you tried listening to your tapes through headphones? Have you checked to be certain that you are playing the tape with the same parameters that they were recorded e.g. My old SONY TRV66 has two Stereo settings for recording(1 and 2). I’m not sure what the differences are but I get the feeling it has something to do with the audio tracking. If they were recorded on one track and being played back on another, that could be a problem.

Participant

Sagging should not be an issue. Video and audio in 8 format are both recorder with rotary head. So if the picture is clear, the audio should be there. Try to clean the head or use another player/camcorder. Let us know if you solve the problem.

DIY Wedding Video

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available — 2021

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap