HELP PLEASE CANT PLAY BURNT DVD ON DVD PLAYER

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing HELP PLEASE CANT PLAY BURNT DVD ON DVD PLAYER

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

PLEASE HELP I AM SO FRUSTRATED! I GOT A VIDEO CAMCORDER FOR MY BIRTHDAY, I CAN TRANSFER THE VIDEO TO MY PC BUT I CANT GET IT TO PLAY IN MY DVD PLAYER MY DVD PLAYER IS A NEC DVD/CD PLAYER MODEL NDV-30 IT SAYS IT PLAYS DVD/CD/VCD/CD-R/RW/MP3 & MY BURNER ON MY COMPUTER SAYS DVD MULTI RECORDER RW DVD+REWRITABLE THE PROGARMS I HAVE ARE THE OPNE THAT CAME WITH THE CAMERA BUT IT DOESNT ACTUALLY BURN A DISC I HAVE NTI CD & DVD MAKER 7 OR A PROGRAM CALLED WIN DVD CREATER I USE DVD+RW DISCS CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME

Participant

basically, the problem is that your dvd player doesn’t say that it can play DVD+R’s. it lists a lot of other formats, but not the one you need. your solutions are essentially:

1. get a new DVD player
      2. get a video camera that doesn’t use DVDs
      3. Harass your neighbor who has a newer DVD player and use theirs all the time
      4. Sit and cry

I just sent out a bunch of DVDs for a christmas gift and a few people couldn’t watch them because they have older DVD players. this is even with burning them on Adobe Encore DVD on a setting that should give the most compatability.

sometimes technology just kinda sucks.

Inactive

HANG ON IM A BIT CONFUSED IM NEW TO ALL OF THIS BUT MY CD BURNER SAYS RW & IM USING DVD RW DISCS & MY DVD PLAYER SAYS COMPATIBLE WITH RW I THOUGHT MAYBE I WAS USING THE WRONG FORMAT ALSO WHAT IS A REAL EASY PROGRAM TO USE

Participant

I am not familiar with your burning software, but I think you might have created a “data” dvd and not a movie dvd.

Can view the files of the dvd in explorer on your computer? What is listed there?

(Oh, yeah, turn off the CAPS LOCK KEY – Looks like you are SCREAMING at us()

πŸ˜‰

Participant

IT SAYS IT PLAYS DVD/CD/VCD/CD-R/RW/MP3

if you copied the list exactly from your burner then that says it only does CD-RW not DVD-RW. generally, if it could read DVD+/- R or +/-RW it would say something like what i just typed, or it would say -R or -RW. CDs only come in one flavor: CD-RW. DVDs come in 2. DVD-RW or DVD+RW. as a result, manufacturers generally indicate with a + or – which format (or both) it can handle on the particular machine you are using.

Participant

Hello fellow Aussie and wanna be DVD video guru

Put the DVD in your computer, right click the start button, left click the word explore. on the “start menu” screen that pops up left click on the DVD burner. The screen on the right hand side will list your files – there should be two folders “Video_TS” and “Audio_TS”. Double left click “Video_TS”
      There should be a number of files present like “VTS_0_0and VTS_0_1 and VTS_0_1.BUP etc
      If you have these then sure bet you have made a video DVD
      If you have a media player program like “Windows Media player” with DVD codecs or “ASUSDVD” player the DVD should play on your computer.

Early DVD players did not cater for “burnable DVD’s” and will not play them.
      My Sharp DVD player says “no Disc” My $1500 Pioneer 5 disc unit will only read DVD-R and DVD-RW – when it feels like it. My son purchased a $60 unit from the local electrical store and it plays every thing except DivX encoded discs.

AS far as burnig goes, I suggest you get yourself Nero 6. It’s a wonder you didn’t get Nero express with your burner – all 5 of mine came with it.

How far do you want to go with your video stuff???
      Nero has a very basic editor, encoder and menu maker. Good to get a feel and maybe catch the bug for bigger and better.

Mail me at proeland@austarnet.com.au if you want one on one help

Inactive

I have several stand-alone DVD units, mostly recorders. I bought a “cheap” Ciberhome portable and it plays everything. My Philips 985 is a coin toss, but the Lite-On 5045 not only plays anything you can think of, it burners all formats including music CDs, VCDs, and SVCDs. With firewire and the built in hard drive, the 5045 has been a real trooper. Lite-On’s philosophy is to accomodate all known formats and it’s doing it at a fair price.

Inactive

DVD burners, burning software, set-top players and media brands all play a major roll in making something that plays. Certain burners are better that others while some older set-top players can be real fussy to home burned disks. The type of media you’re using could make a difference too. Shoot… I always use Philips and Verbatim disks for they seem to have the best success rate for me. Memorex always gave me issues. Also, if I am making disks for other people, I always burn at 2X (which stinks) because it 99.9999% of the time always makes a readable disk. If I burn at 4X or faster, all of a sudden my set-top comes up error. In fact a few years ago I threw out a 1-year old DVD player just because it was on a list on this website that ranked it [poor] for playing home made DVDs. Until I read that, I always thought I was doing something wrong during authoring.

Everyone has a different situation. All of this is pretty much doucmented fact so you will just have to experiement a little bit to come with the right combination.

One of these days it will be a perfect world!

RAM

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video β€” 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap