Help Please!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I am looking for help finding a software program that I will be using to edit a Pro Wrestling show. It is a 2 camera shoot with commentary audio on the main track, ie the hard cam & will be mixing in shots from the ring cam. It seems like it should be simple, but I’ve had no luck so far. Power Director has been reccomended. Thanks for any help anyone can give. A simple drop in the ring cam shots into the hard cam shot that maintains the hard cam audio is what’s needed. Thanks again.

Participant

Do you have a budget for how much you’d like to spend on software? Adobe Premiere has come a long way and many beginner may find it to be quite intuitive. There are users here who also enjoy Sony Vegas. If you happen to have a Mac, iMovie isn’t a bad option for beginners.

“It seems like it should be simple….”

Jeff,

Do yourself a favor and find someone who can edit. If you don’t have the cash to pay their price, see what kind of deal you can work out. From the sound of it you have no idea of how to edit or what software to use. You’ve picked up a no doubt, paying gig and the client is expecting you to deliver a good product within a certain time. Hiring an editor will save you time, money and headaches in the long run. Afterwards, do your research on software and go from there. If you have an apple rig then go with Rob’s suggestion. If you’re rollin’ with a PC download a copy of Windows Movie Maker in the Windows Live Essentials pack from the Microsoft site. It’s basic as well with two tracks of audio but only one track video. It’s free and though I wouldn’t use it for a paying gig, it can get you through if you’re dead set on not hiring an editor.

Participant

As Wolf and Rob have told you you have many options. Windows Movie Maker will see you through in a pinch. There are also consumer NLE’s available from the major players (Sony, Adobe, Avid, etc…) that run around $100 that will give you a lot more functionality for not too much money.

Inactive
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best mirrorless cameras and DSLRs for video — 2021

These are the best mirrorless cameras and DSLRs on the market today, organized by use case. All are worthy of your hard-earned dollar.
homicide-bootstrap