Help on recording directly to a portable hard drive

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Help on recording directly to a portable hard drive

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I film using a Sony VX-2000, and I recently bought a PowerMac G5. My jobs that I film are anywhere from 2 hours to 40 hours on video. I am finding it a huge pain to get back to the office and capture lets say 10 hours worth of video to my G5. My question is, does anybody know if I can film to the mini-DV in the camera as a backup, and to a portable hard drive via firewire at the same time? I contacted Apple and they said the drive will work with the Mac, but to make sure that the camera will record to the hard drive. I contacted Sony and one person said it would work and another said it would not. If you know anything about this please let me know.

Participant

Well, you could just try it.

I do this all the time with a laptop PC and Scenalyzer.

Don’t know anything abot Macs.

Inactive

I use a PC laptop and DV Rack from Serious Magic. Works great!

MF

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap