help! need video transfer equipment

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I have close to 100 mini-dv tapes and my older camcorder just broke, leaving me playerless! I was thinking about buying a commercial grade transfer machine that i can insert my tape and can burn automatically to dvd, but i cannot find any makers of these online. I was thinking that i do my own and then offer the service to my local community for extra $$$.. any suggestions on what models, makers etc would be VERY much appreciated.

Participant

Robes, I had a similar situation years ago with a digital 8 videocamera. I purchased an open box dig 8 to do the transfer. You might consider purchasing a good used cam of the same model as the one you are using that is broken.

Participant

Vid-e-o-man is right.  A second-hand shop is probably the way to go.  Advertise the service and purchase the appropriate equipment as needed.  You probably won’t be flooded with requests.  I have found that when potential customers are faced with the cost of transferring, they balk, and usually do it themselves, same way you would.

See if you can find a Sony DSR-11 DVCAM player/recorder deck on eBay or elsewhere. They were built like boulders … except for the plastic door, that is πŸ˜‰

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders β€” 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap