Help! Need New Computer

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Help me, i’m 16 and i’ve made videos for my past couple projects, and my teachers have told me i’m apparently talented. I’m looking into getting more serious with movie making, and maybe even pursue a career in it. but, my computer is abit old in computer standards(4-5 years) and need to know whats a good choice. I want a laptop, with awesome graphics, and a good sound card for when i hook it into my car. and i want LOTS of room, and i want it fast and be able to produce movies on it, i was looking towards apple macbook pros. am i headed in the right direction? HELP ME PLEASE

Participant

Yeah the Macbooks are great and they just received a refresh so its a great time to buy. You can’t buy a better computer.

Participant

I second videolabs’ comment: You can’t buy a better computer.

Inactive

thanks. πŸ™‚ i’ve been looking at the apple website. and they have some awesome products. i think i’ll get an apple.

Inactive

One thing you might want to take into consideration: are you sure you want a laptop instead of a desktop? I’m 18 and have been producing video for the past three years, and I remember asking the same question when I first started. Unless you will be editing on the road a lot, a desktop offers a lot more stability and expandability. Also, you can get much more power in a desktop for less money than you can ina laptop. If you’re good with computers, you can build a REALLY good desktop (including software, etc.) for under a thousand. Just some thoughts. Hope this might be of some help.

Jeremy

Inactive

the reason i wanted a laptop, is because i wanted to take it to school to work on things there. our school computers suck. my desktop. is mediocre, but i can edit on it waswell, but i’m really looking for mobilty thats all.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available β€” 2021

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap