help need advice

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I hope someone might help me out here–I plan on doing billiard instruction with a 3-4 camera setup capable of providing accurate timing…Streaming video on the net does not accurately represent the speed, finesse and technique of the different strokes involved in pool/billiards. What would be a good cost-effective setup to allow 1 cameras to record and be mixed at a later time or in real time?

Participant

Plan your program and shots you want to shoot. Then shoot those shots. Then edit them in an editing program such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, and Sony Vegas. Lastly, export as an H.264 file for the web.

A standard definition camera is more than capable of delivery quality images. I suggest a Sony PD170 or Panasonic DVX100B. Both are miniDV camcorders.

Participant

I don’t know if this idea would work for you…but here goes…

I got 3 Sony video cameras. 2 high def (for this set-up, I’d have to shoot in sd), one digital 8.

I can set two cameas up to record on thier respective medias, dv tape and hd. Plug in the s video cable outs to a cheap audio/video selector box and run the ouput in “S” video to the digital 8 camcorder.

Use the vcr function on the digital 8. Plug the firewire out into my computer, and from there use quicktime pro or quicktime broadcaster or any nle to capture/broadcast the footage. simply pressing a button on the switchbox, to switch camera feeds.

after shooting, I still got the whole footage from each camera to edit with.

multi camera, with audio/video selectors, and ability to webcast live…..cheap.

Participant

Digital 8….educate me a lil…I am thinking right up that alley = separate cameras into a switchbox. I have absolutely no equip yet, just???’s. Any cameras have remote zoom for real time live editing during Action play, etc?

I am very highly concerned about accurate speed/direction pickup by camera – This is the point of the lessons and monitoring in the first place!! Would older analog be better? Check out propool videos for the ball speed inaccuracies I speak of. At first I thought it was bad streaming, but even after saving to disk @replay it is still there. Thanks to both you guys for your help!!

Participant

Plan your program and shots you want to shoot. Then shoot those shots. Then edit them in an editing program such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, and Sony Vegas. Lastly, export as an H.264 file for the web. A standard definition camera is more than capable of delivery quality images. I suggest a Sony PD170 or Panasonic DVX100B. Both are miniDV camcorders.

Thanks for suggestion regarding corders -I will look into these units right away..

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap