Help me pick a productions name + some other questions

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Miscellaneous Techniques Help me pick a productions name + some other questions

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Could you guys please help me pick a new productions name for my films. I make mostly comedy so It would be nice for it to have something to do with something funny. Dont make it corny like (SillyFilms) or (HalariousProductions) or something. I would prefer it to end with films like “MediocreFilms”.

Would the Sony HDR-FX1000 be good forindy/gorillafilmakeing? If I got it how long do you think it would last me?

Participant

The FX1000 is a good camera. How long it lasts depends on how well you take care of it.

Inactive

No, I mean how long do you think it will be before I would need a new one.

Participant

Well that depends on what kind of work you do and who you’re doing it for.

Don’t get caught up in technology and think that you need the latest and greatest of everything to make great video. If you’re any good, you can make a good video with a VHS camera. Don’t blow all your money on just a camera. Get audio and lighting equipment as well. No matter how good your camera is, it will look like crap if the scene isn’t lit. And no matter how good your camera is, if the audio sucks, the end result sucks.

Lightside Films, Humor Films, Tickle Films, Happy Film Productions, Funny Film Productions, Funnybone Films, Gleeful Film Productions, No Joke Films, Laughing Film Productions, Light Hearted Films…

Inactive

Im very sorry but all those go in the corny section.

Inactive

Farcical Films

Participant

Well having a production name is corny anyway….

Corny is subjective, but “specific” to the brand can become a GREAT business asset. Have you ever come across some of the movie production house names (especially those dealing successfully and with rich rewards in the animation sector).

Seems if comedy is your production focus, then something specific to comedy might be apropriate. On the other hand, whatever you wind up doing “film isn’t video, and video isn’t film” – FILM might be a bit too sophisticated for a firm focusing on production of comedy video.

Participant

ficklefilms. LOL

Farce, Reelgags, I can’t decide films, pick-a-name films, slapstik, (Slapstick – have a clapper board slap)

Grrrr, Splode, Kicker.

Heck i dunno. LOL

Participant

Frankly, I like firms to end with “Productions” rather than “Films” as are you really using film?

So for all these examples, you could use Films or Productions interchangeably.

“The Rotten Tomato Film Project” (Or just Rotten Tomato Films if you prefer)

“Butt Of The Joke Films”

“Hardy & Laurel Films”(Or “Lorrell & Hearty Films” if there’s a copyright issue)

“Muted Laughter Films”

Participant

I think we are on a roll…

LOL

J.

🙂

Participant

Twisted Triangle Films, Walking Fish Productions, Insideout Bubble Comedy, let me know if you need more.

FAQ Video

Participant

Great Googly Moogly Productions 😉

Not So Funny Productions, Not Really FILM Video, I’m A Video Filmer, Funny Films, Laughable Films, Bone Dry Films, Toss Your Chunks Films…

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap