Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Cameras and Camcorders › Other Camcorders › Help me pick a camcorder!
- This topic has 5 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years, 5 months ago by Anonymous.
- September 28, 2008 at 2:26 PM #42929AnonymousInactive
I am looking for a new pro camcorder. I was thinking about the xl2 for a while butrealizedthat I needed HD. I would much prefer HDV, My budget is around $3,000. I NEED xlr inputs. I prefer cmos over ccd. Please help me!
- September 28, 2008 at 5:03 PM #179839
why do you NEED HD?
- September 28, 2008 at 5:20 PM #179840AnonymousInactive
I likehavingthe highest possible quality.
- September 30, 2008 at 5:47 AM #179841
Well, that’s not really a good reason to buy into HD, but if you insist…whatev.
There isn’t even anything to choose from with a 3000 dollar budget. The only thing that comes close is the Sony HVR-V1U.
- September 30, 2008 at 6:17 AM #179842AnonymousInactive
This will go over your budget a little but if highest picture quality is what your looking for then take a look at the Red One Scarlet. Higher picture then any HD so I read (hear). But I’m not promoting it because I know nothing about it.It’s so new that I haven’t really seen any reviews on it yet.
- September 30, 2008 at 6:26 AM #179843
RED cameras are awesome, but from what I’ve heard, focus is very critical because of the super high resolution. So you will need someone to pull focus. Also, using RED cameras may be tricky if you don’t have much experience working with film.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.