Help me get started

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I want to start a show with talking objects like that real stupid Youtube show called “Annoying Orange”. The problem is I have no idea where to start or even what to ask. I just bought a camcorder, but have an old laptop which I plan on replacing soon (don’t know if that’s relevant).

First I would like to know what software I can use that allows me to put my mouth and eyes on an object, and one that’s easy to use and or easy to learn. For the most part I know my way around a computer but am not familiar with all the video editing lingo.

Also, along with the software recommendation could someone please give me a laundry list of stuff I’ll need to have to make videos. I have the camcorder but is a green screen etc needed? Any information to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Participant

After Effects works great for this. Not really required though. Any NLE that’ll allow you to reposition 3 track and nest a feathered mask on top of each one will do fine. There is nothing hard about what you are wanting to do. No keying needed… you don’t even have to track anything as you’ll shoot the vegies you are copying static, as well as yourself speaking the parts.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best mirrorless cameras and DSLRs for video — 2021

These are the best mirrorless cameras and DSLRs on the market today, organized by use case. All are worthy of your hard-earned dollar.
homicide-bootstrap