Help me find the Perfect Camera

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I do tripod shots where I set the camera up, ride down the hill pass the camera, and thats my shot (skateboarding). My current camera (GoPro) is always out of focus and blurry when its set up on a tripod. Whats the perfect camera for me?

Experience: Not an idiot

Price: MAX 500

Brand: any

Size: Any

Other: 1080p, with available 60fps

Not sure if I have to say this but it should be able to put its files on a computer and have a screen to review and delete my shots

Other Things I want: Case, do I need a tripod mount?

Buying from amazon

GoPro’s have fixed-wide angle lenses so unless your subject is close, the image will seem out of focus. If you want control over your focus but want to keep the camera small for mounting on a board, etc. you should look at a Point and Shoot camera. PnS cameras these days have really good sensors and get nice video from 720 to 1080p. Most only record at 30fps, the Canon line now can do 240fps for slow motion video. Panasonic PnS offer 60i recording if you don’t mind interlaced video. You can get a good case at Wal-mart for $20 if need be. $500 is more than enough to get a good PnS or two along with all the class 4 or faster SD cards, batteries and other accessories you can actually use. Check out B&H Photo/Video before you look at Amazon. They are great with customer service and if there are issues with the gear they’ll issue a Return Authorization without a lot of hassle long as you’re within the return window.

Participant

Leaning towards a Canon t2i

Participant

Hi Nolan, the T2i is a great choice, though it would probably go over your budget. However, it definitely seems worth it. The camera shoots amazing videos and gives you the ability to change lenses which is a useful feature.

Just a suggestion, but for what you do, you may want to consider getting a lens for the T2i that can shoot good wide angle shots. Something in the 24mm or less range should do the trick. The 18 – 200mm EF-S lens is a great choice:http://usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/ef_lens_lineup/ef_s_18_200mm_f_3_5_5_6_is

Participant

but will the t2i’s lack of auto focus make my shots look bad? Sample Vid:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBlaxie?blend=10&ob=5#p/u/0/UVR8wJRLH54

Thats what I do, I set the camera up, go up the hill and come down. I dont touch it so I want have a chance to focus it. Would a camcorder like this be better.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-HDR-XR350V-Definition-Handycam-Camcorder/dp/B0031RGL20/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317418262&sr=8-1

Looks like it would have better focusing and video abilities. From my understanding, the Canon’s pictures will be way better, but what else are the Canon’s advantages???? The focus issues are really scaring me but thats the only thing im worried about. Can you convince me on the t2i???

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2020

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap