Help me edit audio for homeless youth video

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Sound Help me edit audio for homeless youth video

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hello,

I am a novice movie maker and I am making a video about homeless youth in my community. If I uploaded a wav of the audio could someone edit it for me and send it back? (IE normalize the audio so its consitant, take out background humming ect.) I tried really hard to do this myself and I couldnt do it.

Thanks and God Bless,

-Martin

Inactive

Try using Audacity – they have a noise reduction feature and it’s free.

You’ve learned a good lesson – GIGO – Garbage In Garbage Out.

Getting good audio is just as important as getting good video.

Only use a video camera which has an audio in jack so you can use a microphone

rather than the camera audio.

Inactive

I tried using the noise reduction feature but I wasn’t able to use it correctly. Are there any step by step guides? Thanks!

Participant

Oh, yes. Try Audacity. That’s what I’m learning/using. It works, it’s free, it’s great! There is also a tutorial at mediacollege.com that I found yesterday. It’s a little complicated, but very informative. It’s at http://www.mediacollege.com/audio/sequencing/workshop/

What needs to be done to your WAV? Is there crackle/static/hum? Or is it too loud, quiet, affected? I could do it if you really don’t want to. Email it to mexenzoaiire@gmail.com

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap