Help me choose a mic.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have a hv40 and d3100 ill be shooting with, looking for a good mic. I just sold my xl2 and thought the stock mic on that did a great job, i think it was just a stereo mic. I shoot mostly outdoor auto stuff,picking up enginenoise,things of that sort andoccasionallypeopletalkingare what i need to capture.

Sounds to me as if you require two different types of mics. Assumption #1 on my part is that you want a camera mounted mic? The Audio Technica stereo mic would seem to fit the bill for recording”. . . auto stuff,picking up enginenoise,things of that sort “. For capturing people talking, you would do well to consider any of the many fine short shotgun mics out there. A hybrid approach might be to investigate a ” stereo shotgun “. I think Sennheiser made one? MKH-418?? Could be that Sony, Panasonic, whomever, sells an ” original equipment ” stereo mic which would suit your purpose. Do your camcorders supply Phantom powering?

Rick Crampton

Participant

yes camera mounted or also i may use on the hotshoe of my rig. phantom powering? sorry idon’tknow what that means lol. I have seen some that get power from the camera then some that use batteries i guess itdoesn’tmatter to me either way as long as i get good sound. with my xl2 i cold stand a good bit away from the road and still pickup car sounds very good. here is just a quick clip i made but you can hear the sounds very well and i was a ways off the road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AnyJpdUblTo

Participant

im thinking about a canon dm50

Inactive

HI,

<span style=”color: #333333; font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 19px; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; background-color: #ffffff; display: inline ! important; float: none;”>I practiced for two days before this class to get it right I realized at that moment experience gave me<span class=”Apple-converted-space”> </span></span>
      Thanks
      …………………

[url=http://www.judithbuysdentistry.com/]cosmetic dentists oshawa[/url]

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap