Help me choose a mic.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have a hv40 and d3100 ill be shooting with, looking for a good mic. I just sold my xl2 and thought the stock mic on that did a great job, i think it was just a stereo mic. I shoot mostly outdoor auto stuff,picking up enginenoise,things of that sort andoccasionallypeopletalkingare what i need to capture.

Sounds to me as if you require two different types of mics. Assumption #1 on my part is that you want a camera mounted mic? The Audio Technica stereo mic would seem to fit the bill for recording”. . . auto stuff,picking up enginenoise,things of that sort “. For capturing people talking, you would do well to consider any of the many fine short shotgun mics out there. A hybrid approach might be to investigate a ” stereo shotgun “. I think Sennheiser made one? MKH-418?? Could be that Sony, Panasonic, whomever, sells an ” original equipment ” stereo mic which would suit your purpose. Do your camcorders supply Phantom powering?

Rick Crampton

Participant

yes camera mounted or also i may use on the hotshoe of my rig. phantom powering? sorry idon’tknow what that means lol. I have seen some that get power from the camera then some that use batteries i guess itdoesn’tmatter to me either way as long as i get good sound. with my xl2 i cold stand a good bit away from the road and still pickup car sounds very good. here is just a quick clip i made but you can hear the sounds very well and i was a ways off the road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AnyJpdUblTo

Participant

im thinking about a canon dm50

Inactive

HI,

<span style=”color: #333333; font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 19px; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; background-color: #ffffff; display: inline ! important; float: none;”>I practiced for two days before this class to get it right I realized at that moment experience gave me<span class=”Apple-converted-space”> </span></span>
      Thanks
      …………………

[url=http://www.judithbuysdentistry.com/]cosmetic dentists oshawa[/url]

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video monitors — 2020

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap