Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Cameras and Camcorders › Other Camcorders › Help! JVC Mini-DV Fault Message” Unit in safeguard mode”
- March 13, 2008 at 7:51 PM #42849AnonymousInactive
Help please! I own a JVC GR-D20EK Mini-DV camcorder and recently had a message come up when I turn it on. It says” E01 Unit in Safeguard Mode Remove and Reattach Battery” I have done this to no avail. The tape is also still inside. Does anyone know how I could overcome this problem or the choices I have.
- March 16, 2008 at 10:09 PM #179457AnonymousInactive
Hi John, tried that and did not work. Have you any other suggestions please.
- December 12, 2009 at 3:55 PM #179458desertwestParticipant
I MADE MINE WORK!!!! With the camera off, I pressed and held the “play”
button while I powered it on into playback mode. It actually let me
watch the tape. I switched it to “REC” mode and still got the error. So
I switched it off, pushed and held the rec button while powering it
on… IT WORKED. Now I can power it on and off with no more error
messages (so far)! Let me know if this works for you too!
- June 27, 2018 at 4:35 AM #297756Dorian ginetGuest
Hello I have a problem with the camera camera. the tape and makes noise it is in the camera I can not read the tape I do how to play the tape ?
- October 17, 2019 at 12:54 PM #72027300vivepolancomxParticipant
Thanks god. You helped me a lot!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.