help choosing a camcorder

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      kidcams
      Participant

Hi,

I’m looking to buy a camcorder to use in my research with young children. I work as an early childhood educator and I want to buy something small, inexpensive- (preferably under 300$ and max 500$) that I could give to toddlers to try some filming of their own and use myself for documentation in the classroom. In the movies I make I want to be able to layer the movies and play with the images to question standardized ideas about children and what is possible in education. I have a PC – can anyone recommend a camcorder and software for this type of project?

Thanks!

monroevideo
      Participant

Hi kidscams,

to get a camera that you can hand off to toddlers can be risky. However, I would have to recommend the flip camera. Here is a link

http://www.amazon.com/Flip-Ultra-Video-Camera-Generation/dp/B0023B14U4/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1289973179&sr=1-3

You can get them for under $150 and it shoots 720p. This would be a great camera if you are going to give it to little ones. Easy to use and no tapes to worry about. For editing software you could use Adobe Premier Elements. It should have not problems with the footage and you can get it for $100. I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Jim

Houston wedding videography

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best products of 2021

Best products of 2021

With so many great products this year, we've taken the time to review the best of the best. These are our picks for the best products of 2021.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN