help anyone

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

my question is – is it okay to use a varizoom lcd w/ sunhood and all the goodies in place of a production monitor while shooting to check for correct exposure and lighting ? decent monitors go for $700-1000 / is it worth the cash? I’m looking into shooting commercials for local tv stations such as WNDS and WMUR and comcast. I’m still pretty new to the high end equipment and would love some help / thanks / p.s. how would i hook up my canon xl-1 to a production monitor ? do they have rca or should i use a different connection for betetr picture / i’m lost

Participant

Hi,
      bhphotovideo.com has 7″ LCD monitors for under $300. Talk to them about effects of sun if your shoot is outdoors. Panasonic has 27″ CRT models for under $500. (Didn’t see their smaller model on website panasonic.com.) These suppliers can sell you the cables needed or Radio Shack will have them.
      REGARDS … TOM 8)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Video Reference Monitor Buyer’s Guide

The best video monitors — 2020

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap