Helmet cams?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

I have a couple of questions. I certainly got a sony hc42 and a 480 helmet cam from Helmetcamera.com. I needed a waterproof setup as I am using for windsurfing.

The probelm is that the image that I am getting from the setup are not that good of quality. Is it settings or is it the gear itself. I looked at the other footage from helmet cams and mine looks nothing like that. You can see all the pixels and looks like a camera phone video.

Could you offer some advice.

Thanks,
      Britt

Inactive

There is something wrong with some part of the process. The 480 line camera should produce good results- especially on a Digital tape format. The Viosports I have are 520 and are a great match for DV. Plug your camera directly into a monitor, provide good lighting, and compare the raw video with that of your finished product. It’s really hard to diagnose without seeing the images.
      Here’s a link to a file that I sent to Viosport. This is a 200mb WMV, so DSL is needed. All source video is DV. Video was edited in wavelet format.(Applied-Magic) Master is DV and then converted to WMV using Stoik Capture. Compression was set to get close to DVD look, but definitely not the best/lowest compression rate. Your helmet cam should look at least this good.
      http://www.goldrush.com/~breazeal/Mountain%20Biking%20%20%20Back%20Hill%20Fury.wmv

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap